<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15872168?origin\x3dhttp://romsf.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Grant, Susan - The Star Princess

The Star Princess by Susan GrantTitle: The Star Princess
Author: Susan Grant
Series: Book 3 of the Star series
Pub: Love Spell
Pub Date: August, 2003
ISBN: 0505525410
Genre:
Time Period:
Setting:
Hero: Prince Ché Vedla
Heroine: Ilana Hamilton

Summary:
A Wilder Blue Yonder

Ilana Hamilton isn't an adventurer like her pilot mother, or a diplomat like her do-right brother; she's a brash, fun-loving filmmaker who'd rather work behind the camera than be a "Star Princess" in front of it. Heiress or not, she's a perfectly normal, single woman...until Prince Ché Vedla crashes into her life.

With six months to choose a bride, the sexy royal wants to sow his wild oats. Ilana can't blame him -- but fall for the guy herself? Not a chance! Hotshot pilot or no, Ché is too stuffy, too arrogant, and too old-fashioned. But when he sweeps her off her feet Ilana sees stars, and the higher he takes her the more she loves to fly. Only her heart asks where she will land.
Excerpt:

    Decadence, Ilana mused as she left a reception at the Beverly Hills agency that represented movie star Hunter Holt. She could almost smell it in a man, the reckless, hedonistic, blasé decadence exuded by only the very rich and truly powerful. Living to excess...she found it part fascinating, part repulsive; it was so foreign to what she was, and what she wanted to be. “Would you consider Holt decadent?” she asked Linda, her personal assistant.
    Linda followed her into an elevator and they rode it down to street level. “The chocolate cheesecake was decadent. But Holt? He tries. I don’t know if he’s ‘quality’ enough to qualify as truly decadent.”
    “True. He’s self-made. He didn’t inherit anything he has. Or had, before he blew it all on drugs.”
    “He’s more...used. Like an old Lamborghini is used. Sexy, luxurious, still a status symbol, but if you look too closely, you can see the leather fittings are worn.”
    Linda’s eyes crinkled behind her narrow, black rectangular glasses. “I don’t think I want to know about Holt’s fittings — what they look like or where they’ve been.”
    “Debauchery isn’t very hygienic.” Ilana laughed and snapped her fingers. “That’s the word I’m looking for. Debauched. One step below decadence.” Holt exuded it like bad aftershave: late nights, hard partying, and too much money. “But he’s got talent, and it’s bankable.”
    “If he can keep straight long enough to finish a film.”
    “If he led a boring life, no one would have financed our film.” Linda studied her. “I wouldn’t think Holt was your type, Ilana.”
    “Are you crazy? I don’t have a type. But I do know that I don’t do decadent, and I don’t do debauched.”
Comments:

The Star series

Prequel: The Star Queen - Susan Grant [from the anthology The Only One]
Book 1: The Star King - Susan Grant
Book 2: The Star Prince - Susan Grant
Book 3: The Star Princess - Susan Grant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home